Thursday, July 3, 2008

We Arrived in China!

Dear Colleagues:

All is good. I am able to access the Internet from the office near the students' classrooms. In fact I can hear the students talk as I am writing to you. Their classes are progressing nicely. The students have about an hour between the time they finish breakfast and attend classes. Today the students used this time to prepare for class. 

Yesterday
 Maggie and I accompanied the students to change money at the bank on the first floor of our dormitory. 

We took a field trip to Jing Shan Park. This is the highest point in the city. From the Buddhist Temple located on the hill in the park you can view the Forbidden City. The smog made visibility challenging; still, the students were mesmerized. 

I hope all is well back home. More to follow.



Jay

No comments: